Deputy Contract Manager
Posted 12 months ago
Overview / Responsibilities:
Modon Real estate development company located Iraq – Baghdad is currently looking for a Contracts Manager to manage our company contracts.
- Ensure Contractor’s compliance with contractual requirements, e.g., Performance Security Bond, Letter of Credit, Insurance Policies, etc.
- Coordinate the change control process, including: amendments, change orders and other contract changes
- Support the resolution of Contractor change notices and claims
- Coordinate the issue of any suspension, cancellation, and / or termination notices in line with contract terms
- Advise project team of contract administration and subcontracting issues, and steps being taken to mitigate consequences
- Participate in project team’s weekly / monthly meeting with Contractor
- Capture and communicate contract administration and subcontracting lessons learned for the project
- Contract Close-Out, including Indemnity Letters, Documents for Operations, Warranty Procedure, etc.
- Establish a close-out agreement with Contractor (settlement of any outstanding items),
- List and agree on contract’s surviving obligations
- Prepares Request for Proposal. Interfaces with affected sections to clarify and ensure that all necessary data has been included
- Receives contractors’ responses to requests for proposals, determines each contractor’s ability to meet Company and project requirements, and negotiates the terms and conditions
- Negotiate changes to the terms and conditions in order to reduce risk exposure
- Prepares contract documents and amendments, ensures that terms and conditions will be appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains accurate tracking records tailored to each contract
- Review proposals to ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Coordinate with the Legal, Risk, Project Controls, and Business Services on contractual terms and risk issues
Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience in a contracts administration role in real estate development industry.
- Good understanding & extensive experience of procurement and contract administration processes and principles
- Strong grasp of procedural requirements & necessity of providing an Audit Trail for Management purposes
- Ability to efficiently work with other groups to resolve issues
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- 10 years working construction & supervision in Middle East Countries.
- Experience in Construction & real estate Projects.
- Civil & Architect Engineering background is added value.
- Arabic / English Bilingual is a must.